Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6 :: Job 32-33; Acts 14



Job 32:6-10

So Elihu son of Barakel the Buzite said:
       "I am young in years,
       and you are old;
       that is why I was fearful,
       not daring to tell you what I know.
I thought, 'Age should speak;
       advanced years should teach wisdom.'
But it is the spirit in a man,
       the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding.
It is not only the old who are wise,
       not only the aged who understand what is right.
"Therefore I say: Listen to me;
       I too will tell you what I know."

Elihu is one of the most interesting and powerful characters in the bible, because he holds such knowledge in his words and patience in his heart.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. I would like to read more about Elihu. I do want to learn more from the knowledge in Elihu's words and ask for God's blessing, love and patience with me as I listen and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it shall be for you -

    Lord, take the thirsting of my mother for Your knowledge and give her water, Father. Provide for her in such a way that no one else can God. Be a rock of compassion and love for her as she follows Your way Lord. This I pray in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete