Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 2 :: Ezekiel 42-44; 1 John 1

 

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 

{1 John 1:8-10}

Sometimes I forget about this simple, humble truth: that a lot of the time, I sin, out of pride - out of ignorance - out of whatever, and I forget to confess. I harbor on someone or something and forget that the reason I'm harboring in the first place is because I don't for the most part have a very deep insight into that person or situation. Personally, sometimes it's pretty nice to be reminded of the simple truth that we all sin and that we need to confess it. God is faithful. God is just to forgive. And sometimes - He'll even change your heart entirely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment