Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15 :: Proverbs 22-24; 2 Corinthians 8

If any of you have been like me, sinning and falling into a trap of utter meaninglessness through the abuse of alcohol - you will very much understand this next scripture and just how accurate it is to the life that comes along with it. Do you connect with this?

  

Proverbs 23:30-35

Those who linger over wine,
       who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
Do not gaze at wine when it is red,
       when it sparkles in the cup,
       when it goes down smoothly!
In the end it bites like a snake
       and poisons like a viper.
Your eyes will see strange sights
       and your mind imagine confusing things.
You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,
       lying on top of the rigging.
"They hit me," you will say, "but I'm not hurt!
       They beat me, but I don't feel it!
       When will I wake up
       so I can find another drink?"

No comments:

Post a Comment