Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 30 :: Job 17-19; Acts 10:1-23

How powerful is it that Job, around 2000 years prior to Jesus stepping foot on planet earth, spoke of Jesus as though he knew exactly what was to come. How did he know?

Job 19:25

I know that my Redeemer lives, 
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.



This next verse really stuck out to me as well. It speaks to the nature of fallen friendships. When your friend is in pain and is struggling, whether it be mentally or physically, what do you do? Do you listen to them, affirm them, understand them? Or do you explain to them why they are wrong? I know we all struggle with this - with compassion. Lord - make us more compassionate towards Your people. Create in us, mold in us, blossom in us, hearts that will follow Your will and show compassion to people. Thank you God!!!!

Job 19:21-22
Have pity on me, my friends, have pity,
       for the hand of God has struck me.

Why do you pursue me as God does?

       Will you never get enough of my flesh?

1 comment: