Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29 :: 2 Chron 7-9; John 11:1-29


This next passage in my bible is entitled "Jesus Comforts the Sisters" (Mary and Martha; when Lazarus dies). I thought this was interesting. Check this out and see if perhaps this teaches you in particular something new about comforting others.



John 11:21-27 

"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment