Monday, August 16, 2010

August 17 :: Psalms 97-99; Romans 16

Here is a string of scriptures, spoken by first Asaph (around 970 B.C.), then Matthew (around 55 A.D.), and lastly, Paul (around 58 A.D.). The connections...wow. I will list them in backwards chronological order, from the most recent to the least recent:

"Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen." 

Romans 16:25-27 (Paul, around 58 A.D.)

"All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable. This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet: 'I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things hidden since the foundation of the world.'" 

Matthew 13:35 (Matthew, around 55 A.D.)

"I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old..." 

Psalm 78:2 (Asaph, around 970 B.C.)




* Mysteries were not thought of the way we think of them today...as things we can never know. Mysteries in biblical times and in these contexts, referred to things unknown in Old Testament times, yet were expected to be revealed in New Testament times through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment