Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13 :: 1 Samuel 22-24; Luke 12:1-31

What is the Lord trying to teach us about a good leader here?
1 Samuel 22:2

All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their leader. About four hundred men were with him.
Something about the story of Saul wrenches at my heart, for he is so aware sometimes of his own shortcomings, yet lacks the integrity to ask God for the help to bring him nearer to righteousness and further from sin. It is enough to drive you crazy and break your heart all at once!
1 Samuel 24:16-21

When David finished saying this, Saul asked, "Is that your voice, David my son?" And he wept aloud. "You are more righteous than I," he said. "You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly. You have just now told me of the good you did to me; the LORD delivered me into your hands, but you did not kill me. When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed? May the LORD reward you well for the way you treated me today. I know that you will surely be king and that the kingdom of Israel will be established in your hands. Now swear to me by the LORD that you will not cut off my descendants or wipe out my name from my father's family."  

Let us have faith all my dear friends & build each other up in the realization of the hope we have!
Luke 12:27-28
"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!"

No comments:

Post a Comment