Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 11 :: 1 Samuel 17-18; Luke 11:1-28

David is so much less experienced and smaller than Goliath the Philistine - yet He trusts in the Lord to fight this battle for Him. This reminds me of Luke 11:23 when Jesus says "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters." Jesus does scatter His enemies - the power of God accomplishes - and David knew that...

1 Samuel 17 :: 45 & 47

David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied....All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands." 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! We're studying David at Church at the moment. I'm really excited about it as David is my favourite bible character and historic figure. I think he's pretty amazing and inspirational and a really raw human being. He has so much to teach us about truly being a servant and having pure reverence for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! His character is so intriguing! Especially because he is considered to be such an awesome leader - yet people are always saying he's "cocky" and "young." Perhaps the best leaders we know are opposed with jealousy...

    ReplyDelete